Saturday, 23 June 2012

Diary of a Fashion Intern - Chapter 5

Wooo its the weekend finally! So tiiired! Real quick post cause I gotta rush off soon. I spent most of the day yesterday quality checking garments whilst having random things in between. I'm pretty sick and tired of being a delivery girl by now to be honest. Doing physically demanding work and not getting paid a penny, and to be honest I'm not sure if doing an internship really even increases your chances of getting a job after graduation cause a monkey could easily do the jobs I'm doing right now. They probs would like trained monkeys if it wasn't illegal. Perhaps I've just been a little brainwashed into thinking this is vital for my future career by the people around me. 


Anyhoo, I've been discovering a couple of things about unpaid internships lately via the news. App, the government want to crack down on this unfairness but for some reason, all the companies I have interviewed at said they didn't pay interns.


A couple of years ago, I'd have jumped at any chance of internship, didn't matter about the pay. But now, I don't feel like it's worth it. Maybe that's just my change of heart, I don't feel the motivation any more. I might feel different if I was getting paid ha, I am at a relatively well know company and they obv earn alot due to the fact that everyone's flashing their iphones and macs. Maybe fashion is just a world you can enter if you can afford a ticket. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!